Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bestla

Bestla is a Jotun woman (or a frost giantess if you will) and the Mother of Odin, Vili and Ve. Her father is the frost giant Bolthorn. I made her slightly bigger than her husband Borr.

This is the prettiest of all the characters made for the film. She is one of very few women, and her role is primarily to keep the chronology in order.

I thought she had to look pretty since she has children with an Aesir. Unfortunately I have less practice sculpting female heads, therefore I had to resort to making her more "real-life" where I have references I can use, but that's OK since she has so little screen time animating her wont be problematic. Usually my characters don't have eyelids and only a very simple mouth as eyes and mouths are animated a lot, but big eyelashes and big lips are feminine traits I wanted to include to make sure she looked pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment